Future IARO Events
17th IARO Meeting – Manchester 11/12 June 2019
In conjunction with Manchester Airport’s “Airport Forum”, the IARO will run its 17th Conference/Seminar on 11/12 June 2019.
The programme will be as follows:
11 June: There will be a Tour of the Airport and Local Facilities on the afternoon of 11 June
12 June: A one-day conference/workshop
18th IARO Meeting - Bankok, Thailand November 2019
The International Air Rail Organisation is pleased to announce a dedicated Conference focusing on the rapidly growing development of Rail Links to Airports in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Learn more about the trends in technology, operations, marketing and branding of rail links to airport
- Share best-practice expertise in rail services to airports
- Customer service, marketing and ticketing
- Travellers’ expectations - what services should be offered?
- Growing the rail business - when there is a choice of service
- Providing relevant data and information as a way of increasing sustainable transport market
- Integrated ticketing – working with airlines
- International air-rail case studies: Europe and North America
About IARO Workshops
As part of its work to promote best practice to organisations involved in air-rail transport, the International Air Rail Organisation (IARO) holds regular Workshops for its Members and invited guests. Each Workshop focuses on a specific aspect of the air-rail business, with the aim being for participants to learn from specialists and to share their expertise and know-how through open discussion.
The Workshops are 1-day round-table meetings. Participation is limited to 25 attendees, to ensure maximum discussion and inter-action. There are usually 4 or 5 speakers, who will introduce a specific theme or share their own organisation’s experiences, with plenty of time for questions and discussion after each presentation.
The Workshops are organised for IARO Members, although non-Members are invited to attend, as appropriate. Members may register either one or two participants.
Previous IARO Workshops
- Paris, France: 10-11 April 2018
- Heathrow Airport, UK: Wednesday 24 May 2017
To view a report of the Meeting, click HERE
To view a photo gallery of the Meeting, click HERE
To view the Andrew Sharp’s presentation (with commentary) “What do good air-rail links look like?” click HERE
- Cranfield University, UK: Monday 13 June 2016
- Lyon, France: Monday 12 September 2016
- New York, USA: Monday 14 November 2016
- Manchester, UK: Thursday 16 April 2015
- Milan, Italy: Monday 15 June 2015
- Washington, USA: Monday 19 October.
- "Airport Rail Stations" - Dallas, 9 April 2014.
- "How does the EU affect Air-Rail links" - Brussels,10 June 2014
- "Which air-rail service - metro, express or commuter?" - Stockholm,16 September 2014
- "Air-rail links in the planning stage" - London Heathrow, 18 November 2014