Future IARO Events
2021 IARO events
IARO Webinar 4: Thursday 8 April 2021
“The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic Year on Transportation”
- How has transportation demand changed? And why?
- Airlines and airports: Passenger numbers, cargo volumes, financial impacts
The 4th in the series of Webinars arranged by the International Air Rail Organisation will focus on the impact of COVID-19 on the transportation industry.
Taking place on Thursday 8 April 2021, the Webinar is free-of-charge and registration is now open – click here to participate: IARO Impact of COVID-19.
There will be two speakers, each covering different aspects of the way the Global Pandemic has impacted the airport, airline and commuter sectors.
- Matthew Coogan (Senior Director, RSG Inc.) will review how transportation demand has changed becasue of the pandemic - and why. For this project, he has helped manage a series of major surveys, which help us to relate major changes in "Work-from Home" to changes in major transportation indices, such as Vehicle Miles of Travel. He will present behavioral data collected over the year for both the United States and the UK, and discuss the implications for the transportation flows of the future, based on attitudes revealed in the surveys.
- Martin Braun (Assistant Director, Airport Development, IATA) will provide information on the how the airline and airport sectors have been affected by the pandemic - and the latest prognosis for the future. He will cover passenger numbers and cargo volumes, financial impacts - as well as some of the changes in operations and strategy at airlines and airports.
- Webinar Title: “The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic Year on Transportation”
- Date: Thursday 8 April 2021
- Time: 4pm (Central European Time); 3pm (UK); 10am (US Eastern Standard); 7am (US Pacific Standard)
- Presenters: Matthew Coogan and Martin Braun
- Registration: Click on this link – IARO Impact of COVID-19
Further information will be circulated to participants prior to the Meeting.
We are looking forward to another interesting and valuable session.